Markham Data Centre
Single Purpose DC Building: 41,000 SF
- 22,000 SF of Customer Ready Data Center (Raised floor)
- 3.4 acres of land in a very secure risk-free area
- Dark fiber solution to downtown Toronto at 151 Front
- Shared office space, storage area’s & A & B power distribution
- 17’ clear height with 24” raised floor (depressed slab – no ramps)
- Fire System – Pre-action and Vesda
- New Security – CCTV, Card access and Biometrics solution
- BMS system with real time monitoring – wireless sensors in all rooms
- 16 megawatts hydro capacity – Two separate lines from different substations
- 2.2 MW of critical infrastructure built out today. Expandable to 5 MW
Two diverse power services from separate substations – 8 megawatts in total available today Growth capacity 16 megawatts.
Partnered with Markham District Energy (MDE) to provide for both emergency power & chilled water for high density solutions
3 x 1100 kW UPS with 10 Minutes of battery back-up A/B Power distribution with floor PDU’s.
2.2 MW UPS (N+1) of critical load installed today with expansion plans of an additional 3 megawatts in the existing facility
4 x 1.5 megawatts – N+1 Generator system 5 days of onsite fuel at full load today.
N+1 Cooling Solution – Liebert CRAC’s Plans to partner with Markham District Energy for additional mechanical chilled water solutions Cold aisle containment & other energy savings programs
The purpose-built Data Center facility provides a multi-layered security environment. The building’s physical design intentionally minimized external access points and includes no external windows. State of the art video surveillance system comprised of numerous fixed and movable (PTZ) cameras.
- 24/7 Security booth – Bullet proof with mantraps and antipass back protection
- All cameras are actively monitored by live onsite security
guards and are remotely accessible by the network operations team
- The system provides 360-degree coverage of the facilities external perimeter with specific emphasis on all access points such as doors, loading docks, roof access, and parking areas
- Alarm system actively monitors status of external access points with door position sensors and motion detection devices. Alarm events generate alerts to both the onsite security guards and the network operations team
- SOC 2 Type 2 compliant and in the process to be PCI certified